There are various collateral consequences that come with a drug crime conviction. Although it may seem hopeless, it is possible to lessen these consequences with the help of an experienced Twin Cities drug crimes lawyer.
Combatting Collateral Consequences
Some of the collateral consequence of a drug conviction are:
- Lengthy jail or prison terms
- Lengthy probationary periods
- Large fines
- Chemical use assessments
- Drug abuse treatment
- Loss of job
- Difficulty finding meaningful employment
- Loss of housing
- Difficulty in finding a home to rent or lease
- Forfeiture of property, such as cash and/or motor vehicles
Contact Attorney Carson J. Heefner Today
Carson J. Heefner has over 20 years experience representing individuals charged with drug offenses. If you or someone you know has been accused of sale or possession of controlled substances, contact Carson at 612-202-8971 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.