FREE CONSULTATION. CALL 24/7612-202-8971


Minnesota Kidnapping Lawyer

A person can be charged with kidnapping, or false imprisonment, if they have confined or restrained another person against their will, and without the authority to do so. If the victim is under the age of 18 and is someone else’s child, the law will look to the legal guardian or parent to see if consent was given. If you or someone you know has been accused of kidnapping or false imprisonment, it’s important to have an experienced Minnesota kidnapping attorney in your corner.

Fighting Kidnapping Charges

Kidnapping can occur in a wide variety of circumstances.  Some are rather obvious, some are not.  For example, if you forcibly take someone against their will and restrain them, it is a crime.  If the victim is under the age of 18, it is a crime unless the parent consented to the restraint.  Under these circumstances, the offenses would be a Felony with a maximum punishment of 3 years in prison and a $5,000 fine. A more complicated situation is when a parent uses unconventional ways to discipline a child, but don’t rise to he level of a Malicious Punishment of a Child offense.  For example, locking a child under the age of 18 in a room for a prolonged period of time, and depriving them of stimulation, could potentially subject someone to a False Imprisonment charge. This offense would be a Gross Misdemeanor, with a maximum punishment of 1 year in jail and a $3,000 fine.

Comprehensive Criminal Defense

Carson J. Heefner has been defending the accused for over 20 years.  His preparation, knowledge and skill have helped countess people through the criminal justice system. His ability to understand the complexities of each case helps in not only preparing for trial, but in successful negotiations with a prosecutor.

Contact Attorney Carson J. Heefner Today

Carson J. Heefner has over 20 years experience defending individuals who have been charged with criminal offenses.  If you or anyone you know has been accused of kidnapping or false imprisonment, contact Carson at 612-202-8971 or for a free consultation.